Sign in to follow this  
himacchii

Research Points and Gather

Question

Not sure if this has been asked before but I haven't found anything about the Research system in FAQ, so question goes to the lucky Downtown owners: how exactly can Research Points be 'acquired' from DT Building? Do you have to buy them with gold or seeds, and if so how much does one RP cost? The lack of information on Research is really confusing uhuh (; w ;)

Also, does anyone know exactly if Lo. Moonlit River and Coral Coast maps need premium membership to gather resources there?

4 answers to this question

If you have a research building, it will periodically give you a research point like other mills do - you'll see a flask icon above the building, you tap it, and you get a research point. According to the Department Store, "Research Points reset at midnight (UTC)." Under the gathering/crafting menu, you can then trade accumulated research points for recipes to build stuff like some old theme parks and shops. You don't have to spend any gold or seeds to research stuff thankfully!

So far, Coral Coast is the only map that requires a premium membership, and only in one area out of three on that map.

2 hours ago, Sunsena said:

Thank you for your answer, it was really helpful! So, you can get 1 Research Point a day by just owning a research building, am I right?

On 5/30/2018 at 9:17 AM, himacchii said:

Thank you for your answer, it was really helpful! So, you can get 1 Research Point a day by just owning a research building, am I right?

Yes! There's admittedly not much in the research shop right now, but hopefully there'll be more in future updates.