Sign in to follow this  
GM_Tom

EVERYTOWN Services Shutting Down in Europe from 24th May

Greetings from EVERYTOWN Team!
Thank you for playing EVERYTOWN!

We regret to announce that EVERYTOWN online servers will be shut down in Europe from 24th May.

After much internal discussion, we have come to the conclusion that we have great difficulty in providing service in Europe,
so we decided to end online service for EVERYTOWN in Europe.

We sincerely apologize for the unexpected closure of EVERYTOWN service, and any inconvenience you've experienced.

Please refer to the details below.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[EVERYTOWN Online Services Shutting Down in Europe]

- Service Shutdown Date: 24th May 2018

* Austria, Italy, Belgium, Latvia, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Croatia, Luxembourg,
Cyprus, Malta, Czech Republic, Netherlands, Denmark, Poland, Estonia, Portugal,
Finland, Romania, France, Slovakia, Germany, Slovenia, Greece, Spain, Hungary,
Sweden, Ireland, United Kingdom

※Once you delete the game, you can not download the game from the market.
(If you don't delete the game, you can keep playing it.)

※The payment could not be successfully processed due to service closing, 
and we do not take any responsibility for the issue may occur during purchase.
We recommend you not to make in-game purchase.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your understanding.

The American server should be fine, as this is their reaction to the GDPR in EU law, that will be enforced starting May 25. This regulation requires everyone (collecting data in Europe) to update their privacy policies and also helps people to protect their personal data. Unfortunately them discontinuing their service in Europe means that they will not comply with the new regulation. 

Now we could speculate, if they don't want comply because that will hinder whatever they do with our collected data or that they just lack manpower to correctly follow this update.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, CuntyW said:

Jewel, I can't log in today :( I am so sad and I was ready to buy seeds too. I contact GM TOM but no word. Gonna change my location to make sure the internet is not being tampered with at my house.

I also have trouble logging in since a couple of hours. What platform do you use? I use facebook and keep getting "connection problems", while my friend, using google play doesn't have the that issue. 

Well google play is for android, and afaik you can't switch to that, but you have to begin the app on android. Lets hope they fix this issue quickly :(

Edited by jewelrybunny

So I guess 'Every'town is not anymore a place for 'every'one, not very suiting. It's okay for me, since I already have my thoughts since it seems to be a problem for Flero to subscribe a contract to our privacy safety. So goodbye and thanks for all the fish! :3

@lol

Edited by Kyoushirou

Just a thought ......but I do not know if it works or not.

Can you guys change the country region of  your Apple  or Android accounts to America, then download the ET App?

I have downloaded the Korean ET App by this method because this App could not be found at my own country 's App store.

When there is updates,just change the country region to America and update the App in the store  once.Ordinary days you just shift your country information to your own one.I always use this method to dl Apps from different countries.

Just some experience sharing.Hope it works.As I don't want to see anybody left again.

Edited by looser
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

(Long time lurker here but active player)

When I read that yesterday I was really pissed and sad because I love that game but I'm from Germany.

What looser suggested isn't that far off expect that it works far easier on Apple than on Android.

Another friend of mine suggested to install the app named "Qoo" which gets you access to the japanese playstore. I deleted Everytown and installed it via the japanese playstore. So far the game is exactly the same. All my stuff is still there and all of my accounts. I will see how it will be after the 24th but that's just easier than changing region on Android.

So far I haven't found a way to do so easily and I read VPNs don't really work on Android unless you put an US credit card or bank account into the store.

Yes, as you see I'm hell bend to continue to play it no matter what.

This whole law about the DSGVO is pure shit! It ruins the gamerworld in Europe and the devs because they loose out on a lot of profit from Europe. Way to destroy a whole industry.

As for me, I'll find my way around it. I always have.

The reason why Flero might cancel the EU servers is just because of the HUGE amount of money and work it takes to implement this law and implement everything. Whole data banks have to be programmed a new and that takes man power which smaller devs just don't have. So far I know of Ragnarok, Everytown and I fear for RE:Legend and Castle Cats. More and more games will follow that lead and shut down EU servers.

• Like 2

Yeah, I also think that lack of manpower is the main reason rather than some shady business with our data. I highly doubt that they prefer to lose the whole european market over adjusting to the GDPR. And the amount of money, needed for this change, probably also depends on how many accounts exists and how much data they collect.

While it is inconvenient for the developers and businesses, you do get the rights to your collected data. 

As far as I know , we should be still able to play the game from the 25th onwards until a new update is released to the store, but we will have trouble buying seeds, as already mentioned.

The change on iOS is quite simple, I suggest creating a completely new account, as it's more difficult with an existing balance:

1. Log out of your current account.
  2. Click on any free app and try to download it (this way you can avoid/skip a payment method for the new country)
  3. Choose to create a new ID.
  4. Pick your new country (any country outside of Europe should be fine for this game, but obviously USA, Australia, S.Korea or Japan are recommended options).
  5. Complete the registration (for the address: you can just put anything there, you'll most likely don't need it)
  6. Now you can go download ET and you might aswell check out the new store.

When you're done, you can change back to your normal account, but you need to keep the login info for the new account, especially the password. You'll be able to update the app while logged in with your normal account, but the appstore will ask for the password of the new account.

Unfortunately I haven't found a way to change the country on Google Play, yet, without involving the use of credit cards and/or other payment methods. But I'll do checkout the app @kokoryuu has mentioned. So I'll have to wait and see how it effects the game from May 25 on and go from there.

Edited by jewelrybunny
Added a reason for 2.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, jewelrybunny said:

Unfortunately I haven't found a way to change the country on Google Play, yet, without involving the use of credit cards and/or other payment methods. But I'll do checkout the app @kokoryuu has mentioned. So I'll have to wait and see how it effects the game from May 25 on and go from there.

Just a little heads up for everyone looking for Qoo: You can't find it in the Playstore. You can only find it through Google and install the APK.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I think I will take a look at Qoo then, so I maybe will at least be able to help my friends and mother if they want to try it. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us!

But even with that I don't think I will be near as active as before again.

It's already frustrating enough how a lot still complain about the updates (no level cap+) and a lot already leave. The game already feel so empty and sad at times. 

Its really sad..but kind of foreseen. I am really shocked through. Thank you all forewriters for a wide range of suggestions and Possibilities. I agree the Towns closing on my Friendlist are increase, but maybe there will be a new circle of User developing^^. I am going to try Quoo too, cause i am curious and would really miss Everytown. Lets see who will stay and hope for the Best. The Day is not finished before the Sun set... Thanks for all Flero.

I'm not in the EU but this really upsets me. I'm sad to see that I'll be losing my European friends, but I'm also concerned about what this says for the future of Everytown. Are they not making enough money to maintain their game, despite the constant exclusively seed updates? Is it worthwhile for me to spend money on this game in the future? I appreciate the staff that tries to communicate with us (and even that seems rare in the past year), but I really am doubting the game at this point. It's sad too because it's a beautiful game that I've put money into and I've not found one similar.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

I can savely say I can still play it and I'm from Germany. If you have the game allready it still works and all. It just disappeared in Google Playstore.

I'm truly happy about this even though I'm only level 28 I truly like my little town

2 hours ago, kokoryuu said:

I can savely say I can still play it and I'm from Germany. If you have the game allready it still works and all. It just disappeared in Google Playstore.

Yeah, I hoped that this was the only problem. We should be fine, but can't buy seeds or update the app. Even for those two things there are work arounds, like changing the country.