H0n3b33

build/install one mill/shop quest question!

Question

Edit: Might've just been a bug! I will update if it does ever happen again.

Does anyone know which "build/install one shop/mill" quests require you to build the shop AFTER getting the quest instead of allowing previously built mills/shops to count towards the quest?

Every so-many quests you get a "build this mill/shop" quest - like I just had a "install one flowershop" quest, and after I finish my production quest and a producing quest I'll have a quest to build an herbal tea shop.

Normally, if you build this shop BEFORE you get the quest, it will still complete the quest when you get it (meaning you don't have to wait for the quest to build it, you can just build all the shops ahead of time). At least this has been my experience... until one quest! The quest to build a cheese cracker sandwich mill did NOT count the 2 cracker sammich mills I had built before the quest, I had to build another one. All other "build/install" quests since then have been the other  way though, not requiring me to build more.

So question: does anyone remember any build/install quests that requires you to rebuild a mill/shop even if you had already built one, like the cheese cracker mill buildit quest?

I would love to know ahead of time so that I know not to build those shops before the quest - mills are so expensive at this level lol.

Edited by H0n3b33

6 answers to this question

Never heard of that happening? Was it that it didn't count it while it was already out? Did you put it in inventory and reinstall it. Perhaps reinstalling would count as the build/install, but if it was already out and started for production, maybe that's why it didn't? Not sure what all you tried. but it seems odd for it being the same quest type that only this one specific one maybe you totally rebuild after already having.. let me know what you find out bc now I'd like to know, lol.

• Upvote 1

I think the mill should placed on town, not in inventory, because i have one mission that required a mill that i had already have, but in my inventory,  the reward won't come out unless i place it on town, maybe this can help or i don't understand yet your trouble

• Upvote 1

Hey guys! For the cracker mill quest, I had two out at the time, which was why I was surprised that it wanted me to build a new one for the quest! I didn't however try putting them back in the inventory and putting them back out, I will try that next time IF that ever happens again. Which I'm thinking it might not because no "build/install" quests since have asked me to rebuild a mill.

I'm doing the cheese cracker quests too. If I recall, I had my cracker mill placed in town already before the quest started.

The mill was immediately acknowledged and the quest completed without needing to buy a new one. 

Maybe you're having some kind of bug? :/

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Nenrinya said:

I'm doing the cheese cracker quests too. If I recall, I had my cracker mill placed in town already before the quest started.

The mill was immediately acknowledged and the quest completed without needing to buy a new one. 

Maybe you're having some kind of bug? :/

Ooh that's good to know! Perhaps mine was just a bug after all, especially since it was just the one time. I hope this is the the case!

Thanks for your post!