Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GM_Tom

[EVENT] Meet the Limited Villager, Watson [Processing...]

20 posts in this topic

Everyone, please welcome our new Villager Watson who will be visiting our town for a limited period of time!

Duration: 8 Dec (after maintenance) ~ 19 Jan (before maintenance)

Details: Obtain Watson during the event for extra rewards!

Rewards: 5,000,000 Gold

* Rewards will be sent AFTER the event after processing the data, which may take 1~3 business days.
* Watson will be obtainable ONLY during the event, before the update on January 19th.

Tom!! Please tell me you are going to have a heart event that lasts from now till Jan 19!!!!!! Do you realize how hard it is to earn hearts normally?? I will be lucky if i get to do one pull on this limited box every 2 days! and that's with visiting 150 friends daily and having 33 villagers to collect visitors hearts with!!! And I still didn't get all the heart shop items yet either!!

@Tear

Lots of new fun events today, I see. How nice.

So, what is Flero's official response to the fiasco in the recent fan-art event? 

Are they going to properly address the issue, or are they going to just keep quiet and hope that players get distracted with the new update and forget?

There is a lot of dissatisfaction as to how the drawings were chosen. Your contest itself even states, "How are you good with your drawing skills?" 

How could a edited picture from the ET colouring book be selected as one of the winners, when there is ZERO drawing skill involved?

What kind of sloppy selection process do you have, that you don't even make sure that the entry fulfils the contest criteria??

46 minutes ago, H0n3b33 said:

Tom!! Please tell me you are going to have a heart event that lasts from now till Jan 19!!!!!! 

I second that!! Heart event please~~!

Don't worry everyone the train quest give hearts too ^^

you can get seed too from the train quest so far I got 2 seed

hearts sometimes I got from 100 - 500 hearts just clearing the train quest

I just try my luck 7 times just now and no polar... ha ha ha... xD

@...2 This feeling like Deja vu... yes... the Halloween...

Well at least it is way better then Dolce random in my option. ^^

I think it's great that the Watson box requires hearts! Sure they take a while to add up but the train station gives at least 100 hearts and doing visits helps! This event will also push players to do visits, which also helps with getting hearts and getting mills helped. The event ends January 19 so theres more than enough time to obtain all the heart items in the shop and Watson!(There's also the option to use seeds to buy the heart decor so it's all manageable)

EDIT: Another thing I like about this box is that ALL users have a chance at it. With the Dolce box, people were upset that they couldn't participate because their towns didn't produce enough gold. With this box, it's all a matter of farming hearts, which is something anyone can do in various ways. Friendly reminder that this event should be something people have fun with! 

4 hours ago, H0n3b33 said:

Tom!! Please tell me you are going to have a heart event that lasts from now till Jan 19!!!!!! Do you realize how hard it is to earn hearts normally?? I will be lucky if i get to do one pull on this limited box every 2 days! and that's with visiting 150 friends daily and having 33 villagers to collect visitors hearts with!!! And I still didn't get all the heart shop items yet either!!

@Tear

FULLY AGREED

I also want to know if my idea was put into place about random boxes with a limited timer having a safety guard put into place so that the villager pays out eventually after ____.

Not to mention, that the train is not available for every player.

Without an event, or increasing the heart drop rate it's almost impossible to get that amount of hearts to buy the Watson box. 

Even with deleting and adding new people to collect hearts, some people also still have a real life with jobs and children etc. and therefore not the time to collect hearts 24/7. 

This game is fun, but also pretty expensive and imho, it would harm no one, if it could be a bit more user friendly. 

Just my two cents.

50 minutes ago, Yettyen said:

Not to mention, that the train is not available for every player.

Without an event, or increasing the heart drop rate it's almost impossible to get that amount of hearts to buy the Watson box. 

Even with deleting and adding new people to collect hearts, some people also still have a real life with jobs and children etc. and therefore not the time to collect hearts 24/7. 

This game is fun, but also pretty expensive and imho, it would harm no one, if it could be a bit more user friendly. 

Just my two cents.

I had max hearts when I woke up after update and they are all gone haha!

I had complained quite a bit when Dolce came out about saving and spending in such a short amount of time so they added a longer time frame to this event but that doesn't make it any easier with the heart drop rate... and I had asked if they could put in a safety so that the villager will eventually pay out after ____ spent... not sure if that took float but I hate limited stuff where I'm not guaranteed to get what I'm paying for. The boxes themselves aren't so bad (I had asked if there could be an event or something where you can buy them at flat rate) but they're a good way to randomly get eco for landmarks or just different eco on occasion but when you don't care about the eco... I'd rather just purchase the villager like I'd purchase their outfits.

BUT I strongly feel that if I'm investing as a consumer, I should be able to get what I'm paying for. Having a limited timer really stresses me out (even given the fact it's just a game) and the plus side is my visits are going up which is a huge positive and may be the reason they chose to do hearts but without a higher drop rate or a safety being put into place... this box is just as stressful as the Dolce one for me lol!

9 minutes ago, RavenKat said:

I had max hearts when I woke up after update and they are all gone haha!

I had complained quite a bit when Dolce came out about saving and spending in such a short amount of time so they added a longer time frame to this event but that doesn't make it any easier with the heart drop rate... and I had asked if they could put in a safety so that the villager will eventually pay out after ____ spent... not sure if that took float but I hate limited stuff where I'm not guaranteed to get what I'm paying for. The boxes themselves aren't so bad (I had asked if there could be an event or something where you can buy them at flat rate) but they're a good way to randomly get eco for landmarks or just different eco on occasion but when you don't care about the eco... I'd rather just purchase the villager like I'd purchase their outfits.

BUT I strongly feel that if I'm investing as a consumer, I should be able to get what I'm paying for. Having a limited timer really stresses me out (even given the fact it's just a game) and the plus side is my visits are going up which is a huge positive and may be the reason they chose to do hearts but without a higher drop rate or a safety being put into place... this box is just as stressful as the Dolce one for me lol!

Exactly, it's stressful and frustrating.

I totally love the idea of  a safety, not a limit of X boxes each day, I would appreciate a guarantee that I get what I am paying for. 

Honestly spoken, my motivation to spend more real money, fades on such events.

Hey guys!! I just wanted to encourage my villager-loving and completionist collector friends by saying, I think the odds of getting Watson are a LOT easier than Dolce! I'm not lucky on ANY random boxes, but I got Watson already! This may be due to the box having no items in it besides Watson lol

It took me 6500 hearts (13 pulls) to get him! i had almost 5k when update started - was saving for christmas house, oh well - and did some borderline fruitless heart grinding (i do not recommend unless its a heart event ugh. grinding gold is way easier and less tedious) and voila!! A Watson! And even though Tom hasn't confirmed a heart boost event yet, I'm sure we will get one over Christmas after the next major update like the last time!

Edited by H0n3b33

Sadly for me it has nothing to do with fun anymore,  after spending my free days on adding and deleting friends for hours. I managed to buy 4 watson  boxes today and only got gold. It's tiring to visit other towns only for 150 gold and with luck, one heart. Please where shall the motivation come from?

I'm not talking about too easy goals, but when I  spent hours for a few hearts and get the message "congrats, you are rich" for 10.000 gold, I wonder if you are kidding me. 

I won't continue to collect any more hearts. I  give up on watson. 

This game is losing it's fun more and more.

9 hours ago, Yettyen said:

Sadly for me it has nothing to do with fun anymore,  after spending my free days on adding and deleting friends for hours. I managed to buy 4 watson  boxes today and only got gold. It's tiring to visit other towns only for 150 gold and with luck, one heart. Please where shall the motivation come from?

I'm not talking about too easy goals, but when I  spent hours for a few hearts and get the message "congrats, you are rich" for 10.000 gold, I wonder if you are kidding me. 

I won't continue to collect any more hearts. I  give up on watson. 

This game is losing it's fun more and more.

I caved and used the train for hearts... pretty bummed watching my stock deplete still lol I was hell bent not using the train hahah..

Does anyone know if/when Watson will have the outfit he's wearing in the Random Box display?? 

I have now tried 10 times with a result of 5 being 10,000 gold and 5 being 50,000 gold. 0 being Watson :(

Well I just got mine randomly today after so many try.

Now I just sharing few ways to get hearts I know so far:

1. visit other players (there is event boots hearts just announce today might try use that chance to collect hearts)

2. help player shop/ mill or revive dead plant (you can get 1 hearts for doing any of the activity)

3. From train (this is random, I sometimes did get it, sometimes don't)

4. Random box (The owl random box have 500 hearts, but this is random too [if you lucky maybe you can win owl])

I only said owl one cause that is the only one with coins as payment.

There is seed random box that give hearts too and more quality then the owl box, so if you guys interest, you guys might need to check each box in shop or union shop to see what possible prize the box give.

Now I just have an idea not sure will it works but I hope it can be useful.

No.2 help player shop/mill, if it will always give 1 heart every time you help shop/mill. Then we just need to buy help coupon from shop and help any mill/shop when we visit other player town. Even if the player don't accept the request you still get the heart. Idk if this good idea or not so someone with good math might need to check it

I hope someone can find which method is the best to get hearts from all I have list.

good luck everyone. I pray we all got Watson

Edited by moonclea

4 hours ago, Starlightt said:

just got watson on my 20th try :) Now i can finsih gett8ng my winter items.

I have it too! and I was about to give up~ Don't forget that we have the Hearts' Event until December 25th@Happy2

First I'd like to say, that I find Watson very cute and I'm a lucky person who had the time for neighbour grinding during the hearts event.

BUT!!... I don't like the thought that this event is made for high level players and everyone beneath Level 40 has a bad chance of getting Watson or even all the nice winter stuff from the heart shop.

I'm playing daily since 29. October 2016 and until now I just made it to level 35 in that period of time. Everytown is fun, but it takes ages for any level up, longer than any mobile game I ever played. I'm not sure if I will make it to level 40 to unlock the train, within the time limit of the Watson event. So the only way to get hearts for me as well as for many other players out there are the neighbours.

So I'm sitting there, hour after hour, adding, visiting, deleting, adding again the half of the day. And at this point I must totally agree with Yettyen. The most people have better things to do. Work for example or getting the last gifts for your friends and family?

I was happy when you added the heart event, but hey it's christmas time! What about spending time with your family, making a nice christmas trip with friends or giving gifts to everyone and having a wonderful time with your beloved ones? This heart event only is on christmas, where the most people are busy and don't have that much time to spend into boring and frustrating neighbour grinding. And then after you spent the half day, you only get peanuts of gold from the Watson boxes.

I spent a total of 7.000 hearts into the boxes only getting 10.000 and 50.000 gold rewards. "Yeah, I'm rich" xD

But finally I got my Watson now, my cute, fluffy, beary new friend :D

But as I said many others are not that lucky. So please, it's christmas, time of gifting and generosity, give us another heart event during the Watson event time and maybe make triple hearts out of it, so everyone has the chance to get watson and some of the nice heart shop stuff.

Don't get me wrong. I like the idea of this event, not only that Watson is just cute and gives nice benefits, it also is great that it justs costs hearts. You could really add more of those events in the future. I just think the price of the boxes is a little too high and the heart grinding too time consuming. A lower price of 100 or 200 hearts per box could greatly help making them available for everyone, even the ones who haven't unlocked the train yet.

@RavenKat

Watson is totally naked and it's fine as it is :x (expect his ribbon of course, even a bear has it's proud :P)
He doesn't even have outfits yet, maybe he will get some in the future.

Sp00bys_Watson.png

Edited by Sp00by

16 hours ago, Sp00by said:

First I'd like to say, that I find Watson very cute and I'm a lucky person who had the time for neighbour grinding during the hearts event.

BUT!!... I don't like the thought that this event is made for high level players and everyone beneath Level 40 has a bad chance of getting Watson or even all the nice winter stuff from the heart shop.

I'm playing daily since 29. October 2016 and until now I just made it to level 35 in that period of time. Everytown is fun, but it takes ages for any level up, longer than any mobile game I ever played. I'm not sure if I will make it to level 40 to unlock the train, within the time limit of the Watson event. So the only way to get hearts for me as well as for many other players out there are the neighbours.

So I'm sitting there, hour after hour, adding, visiting, deleting, adding again the half of the day. And at this point I must totally agree with Yettyen. The most people have better things to do. Work for example or getting the last gifts for your friends and family?

I was happy when you added the heart event, but hey it's christmas time! What about spending time with your family, making a nice christmas trip with friends or giving gifts to everyone and having a wonderful time with your beloved ones? This heart event only is on christmas, where the most people are busy and don't have that much time to spend into boring and frustrating neighbour grinding. And then after you spent the half day, you only get peanuts of gold from the Watson boxes.

I spent a total of 7.000 hearts into the boxes only getting 10.000 and 50.000 gold rewards. "Yeah, I'm rich" xD

But finally I got my Watson now, my cute, fluffy, beary new friend :D

But as I said many others are not that lucky. So please, it's christmas, time of gifting and generosity, give us another heart event during the Watson event time and maybe make triple hearts out of it, so everyone has the chance to get watson and some of the nice heart shop stuff.

Don't get me wrong. I like the idea of this event, not only that Watson is just cute and gives nice benefits, it also is great that it justs costs hearts. You could really add more of those events in the future. I just think the price of the boxes is a little too high and the heart grinding too time consuming. A lower price of 100 or 200 hearts per box could greatly help making them available for everyone, even the ones who haven't unlocked the train yet.

@RavenKat

Watson is totally naked and it's fine as it is :x (expect his ribbon of course, even a bear has it's proud :P)
He doesn't even have outfits yet, maybe he will get some in the future.

Sp00bys_Watson.png

He's VERY adorable as is! And he has way better stats than Dolce! I just love the crap out of outfits lol!!